Thursday, December 18, 2008

1997 Donruss Signature Series - Kevin Brown.

Today's card is from the 1997 Donruss Signature Series. It is unnumbered and features Kevin Brown and his autograph.

While it might seem a bit strange to see an American League pitcher batting it helps to know that this is not the pitching Kevin Brown who played for Texas. This Kevin was a catcher who lasted just two seasons and seven games with the Rangers before being traded. Why he was deemed worthy to feature on a certified autograph card is beyond me.

In other news, I recently received an email from Chris at Topps Heritage Cards. He had added a link to here on his blog and asked if I would mind doing the same. After perusing his site I found it to be a wealth of information on Topps Heritage cards. If you are a set collector chasing this set you need to pay a visit to Topps Heritage Cards.

3 comments:

night owl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
night owl said...

I don't understand where the link to your blog is on the Heritage site (maybe I'm just missing it). The reason I ask is I received the same request from Chris.

Spiff said...

Go to Chris' site and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Right between his privacy policy and copyright is a link for recommended sites. Your blog and mine are on the list.