Friday, January 25, 2008

2005 MLB Showdown Trading Deadline - Sandy Alomar Jr.

Sandy Alomar Jr. puts in an appearance on this 2005 MLB Showdown Trading Deadline #28. Gotta like the image of the catcher springing up and tossing his mask while chasing the pop foul. I always kind of had a soft spot for Sandy Jr. and thought it was kind of neat that he would end up playing a year for the same team his father did. In 46 games in 2005 he hit .273 and was gone the next year. Not long with the team but long enough to have several cards issued.

This card is also interesting to me because just last year I tried MLB Showdown for the first time. The game was printed from 2000 through 2005 and is now out of print. I traded a guy for a starter set on a whim and got hooked. Fun game that uses the stats from year to year to determine how the players perform in the game. The game allows you to make up your own roster and manage your team. Ever think that the Rangers should have held on to a player and that a team with Raffy, Young, Blalock, Gonzo, Tex, I-Rod, A-Rod, and the best pitching from 2000 through 2005 would have been great? Well you can do that with this game. Of course I had to get a team up. I am still tweaking but can't seem to be able to handle the Red Sox team my wife assembled. Has anyone else tried this game? Does anybody still play?

No comments: