Thursday, May 27, 2010

Excuses.

Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday. First thing in the morning Mrs. Spiff and I loaded up the family and headed off to see the Rangers play in Kansas City. We met some friends there for the game. Since they are Royals fans (yes, there are such people) we figured that both families could enjoy the day.

Scott Feldman, pictured here on a signed 2006 Ultra card, was the starting pitcher for the Rangers. He stumbled a bit early but entered the sixth inning with a tied ballgame. First to the plate was Billy Butler. I turned to my Royals fan buddy and told him that the sixth inning was melt-down inning this year and that I expected Scooter to fall apart in this frame. Butler took the next pitch over the left field wall. The Royals added one more run before the end of the half-inning. Guess I'm a prophet. Wish I wasn't so accurate.

The Rangers went on to lose 5-2. Bummer. I was surprised to see Derek Holland come out of the bullpen in the eighth and finish the game. Last I knew he was in the starting rotation. I felt bad about missing the change in assignments but felt a little better upon getting home and finding that there was no information on the Rangers' site about the move.

All in all though it was a great day at the park, even with the loss. After all that puts Texas at 5-1 on the season against KC. Can't beat a nice afternoon watching baseball. So there's my excuse for not posting, what's yours for not entering the Strat-O-Matic contest? Better get going, the results of the first week will be posted tomorrow.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

During the game, the announcers said Holland was in because he had 7 days between starts so Maddux wanted to give him some game action in the middle. He still has his spot in the rotation.

Spiff said...

Ok, that was Mrs. Spiff's theory. Guess I have to let her know she was right. Thanks for the information.