Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back to winning.

So the Rangers won their second straight last night to knock the A's out of first place. Matt Treanor was the big gun of the night as he went 2-for-4 with a home run and 4 RBI. Unfortunately for Matt, I have no cards of him in a Rangers' uniform.

That leaves one of the other two bombers for Texas last night. Decided to go with Michael Young on this 2005 Prime Patches card, number P-21 in the set (numbered 86/150). Michael went 3-for-5 last night in the designated hitter's spot with 3 RBI. I must admit that part of the reason that Michael gets today's card is the card itself. For some reason I fell in love with the Prime Patches set. The packs were totally out of my price range but I have managed to pick up quite a few singles on Ebay. The numbering system drives me crazy but I still like them.

Nice to see Texas back to winning. Hopefully they can get back into that habit.

Ok, the second week's results on the Strat-O-Matic contest come out tomorrow. This is your last chance to get your predictions in for this week. Need some folks to jump in and make this thing interesting.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

I was hoping for the sweep, but it wasn't meant to be.