Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sometimes it takes a little time.

It's been quite awhile since I got one of my through the mail autograph requests in. At least a month and a half. I still have a bunch of recent ones out that I am thinking should be coming back in any day. Sometimes though it just takes a long time for the requests to come back.

This 1991 Bowman Dan Peltier wasn't one of the ones I was thinking should be coming in. In fact I had given up on ever seeing this card again. I had sent it out to Dan in early January of last year, 2009. It came back today. About a year and a half. Wow! Who would have thought that Peltier was that much in demand? Perhaps he receives more requests than I imagined. Maybe there is another answer. Could be that my request fell behind the bill desk and didn't get discovered until recently. Could be that Dan is a procrastinator. Maybe he suffered a tragic finger crushing accident and has just now completed rehab. Who knows. All I know for sure is that I am glad to get the card back and be able to add the autograph to my Rangers collection. Thanks Mr. Peltier, I do appreciate you taking the time to sign.

As a reminder, this is the final day to enter your guess in this week's Strat-O-Matic contest. The results of this week's games will be posted tomorrow. Get your guesses in now.

2 comments:

James Crabtree said...

That's hilarious.

deaconblues63 said...

I got Peltier back today. I waited about 3 months.

One thing I noticed was that although I wrote to him at an address in New York, my cards came back with a St. Paul, Minnesota postmark.