Thursday, June 10, 2010

Like father like son.

Feeling a little older today. When I was younger I remember that one of my favorite Rangers was Steve Buechele. I loved to hear the crowd shouting "Boooo!" when he came to bat. I even did it at the radio. In the early 1990's I sent this 1988 Fleer card to him and he signed and returned it. It was a sad day when he left Texas.

Yesterday the Rangers drafted Garrett Buechele, Steve's son. Seems like just yesterday that Steve was on the hot corner for the Rangers. Where did the time go? Like his dad Garrett is a third baseman. This is the first time that the same team has drafted both father and son. Hopefully Boo Two will work out as well for Texas as the original.

Quick reminder to seize this last chance to get your entries in for this week's Strat-O-Matic contest.

No comments: