Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wantlist - 2003 Donruss.

Decided to use Ivan Rodriguez on card number 209 of the 2003 Donruss set for the wantlist today for several reasons. In fact, I have more reasons than cards I need from this set.

First is Matt Treanor's ninth inning heroics with his pinch-hit two RBI triple last night. That hit allowed the Rangers to go on to win the game in Florida. Matt wasn't with the Rangers in 2003 though so I thought about using Frank Catalanotto's card since Cat was a professional pinch-hitter. I found that I had already used Frank's card though. That left me with Pudge and the catcher connection.

Second reason is that Michael Young passed Pudge tonight as the all-time Rangers hit leader. I thought about using Michael's card from this set but found that I had already posted it as well. I'll post a nice Michael Young card tomorrow to mark to achievement but for now it's back to Ivan.

Hope you can handle Pudge two wantlists in a row. Here is the last card I need to complete this team set:

2003 Donruss
8 Alex Rodriguez DK

Just one card and I can put this set to bed. Please let me know if you have it. My tradelist is here and I am sure we can work some kind of trade. Thanks!

No comments: