Saturday, September 19, 2009

On "E".

I have to admit that I just don't think they can do it. Sure I'm a true fan and would love to see post-season ball in Arlington. There's a time to be honest though.

The season has been a great one and I feel a success. The Rangers have played over .500 ball and well over everyone's expectations. The pitching has been great. The defense improved. The offense has even been known to show up from time to time.

I think the guys are out of gas though. This card is from the 2000 MLB Showdown Strategy set but it might as well feature Kevin Millwood. He tossed some great ball to start off the season and is still battling but he's got nothing left. The rest of the team is not far behind him.

If the club sticks to its strategy and Jon Daniels can keep the core players, then I think the Angels had better be prepared to fight for the division the next few years. Things could be exciting to watch in the next few seasons.

No comments: