Monday, October 22, 2012

1976 Topps - Joe Lovitto.

Wow, 20 days since I last posted. Things have been real busy lately but I didn't realize it had been that long. Finally seem to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Looks like February at the latest to get the wife and kids moved down to join me. Should be able to get back to regular posting shortly thereafter. Until then it's just me and my Topps binder.

Anyway, on to Joe Lovitto in 1976. By the time Joe Lovitto appeared on card 604 of the 1976 Topps set his time with the Rangers was over. On December 12, 1975 Texas traded Joe to the Mets for Gene Clines. On March 26, 1976 New York released him.

That was it for the number two pick in the 1969 draft. After just four seasons in the Majors, Joe Lovitto's playing career was over.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

Spiff, I've been so mired in my own "stuff", I'm sorry to say I've been missing a lot. I'm glad you'll be reunited with the fam soon! I can't imagine being without mine for so long.