Thursday, August 7, 2014

Catching up and looking for trades.

So I am sure the vast majority of my readers have been wondering where I've been the past week or so. For those two folks, the Spiff household had company for most of last week and I've been working some odd shifts at work the first part of this week.

Mark the Royals fan and his family came for a visit last week. We had a good time and did some trading. The families went to the Rangers game on the 27th. I couldn't get off work that day but they had a good time and Mark's wife donated her Rangers giveaway fedora to my collection. Spiff Jr was actually able to get a couple of autographs before the game. Jerome Williams is a good one but probably not from a long-term Ranger. Nick Martinez is another matter and I am thinking Spiff Jr will be glad he got the signature when he did.

Last Wednesday Mark, Spiff Jr, and I made the trek over to Duane's Sportscards in Arlington. I filled several more gaps in my Senators team sets and picked up a few Rangers. This 2007 Upper Deck Exquisite autograph card of former Ranger Chris Stewart was one of them. Hard to see in the scan but it's numbered 123/150. Spiff Jr picked up quite a few Rangers cards as well. Mark managed to find some Royals and a few cards from his set wantlists. He pronounced himself impressed with the shop.

Since the trip to the shop I've gotten my want and trade lists updated. Looking to get back to regular posting and maybe even some trades. If you're interested, drop me a line. Mark's got me cleaned out of Royals but I've got a few other cards listed to trade.

2 comments:

--David said...

Sounds like Jr might have to "share" his autos with pops. haha!

Spiff said...

Tempting. I haven't had a success at the ballpark in years and he gets two when I'm not there. Rest assured though, they're somewhere in his collection, not mine.