Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bombs away!

Today's card is number UH131 in the 2007 Topps Updates and Highlights set, it features Marlon Byrd.

Marlon was the hero last night in Arlington against the Yankees. With the game knotted at 5 in the bottom of the ninth he came to the plate with two outs and the bases loaded. I can't begin to list how many times I have seen Texas squander such an opportunity over the years.

Byrd parked the first pitch over the outfield wall for a grand slam. Texas 9, Yankees 5. Kind of helps ease the gall of seeing Pudge in a New York uniform.

This is the third walk-off win for the team this home stand. These types of wins are high energy and make for exciting ball. I enjoy them. They bother me a little though. The team can't always power its way to victory. Sometimes the pitching has to help a little too. Having said that, I'll take a win any way the team can get it.

2 comments:

--David said...

He has been on fire! I think he has been in ESPN's Top-10 nearly every day for a week! Well, maybe not, but it seems like it!

Spiff said...

Glad to see him doing well after having a hard time this spring.