Thursday, September 30, 2010

Matlack takes the title!

You may remember that previously I wrote about being involved in a contest over at The Bench. The Benchies are a yearly face-off that the site sponsors between various categories of collections. Members in good standing vote on the collections.

This year marked the third year of the contests and I again entered my Jon Matlack collection. Last year my collection had lost out in the final round of voting and I fully expected a similar or worse result this year.

Much to my surprise I won the title of Best Player Collection 2010. Wow! What an awesome surprise. Just wanted to share the moment. Guess I will need to figure out how to label my Matlack collection as award-winning.

For those that would rather not click on links, here is the entry that I made in the contest:

Spiff
Player Collected - Jon Matlack
Basic Stats - 107/114 Beckett listed cards = 94%
10 cards not recognized by Beckett
Cards include:
3/4 Game used issued,
Only two serial numbered cards issued,
Only certified auto issued,
Two different custom MLB Showdown cards,
Two 1982 Topps Proof cards.
Additional items include:
Two autographed baseballs,
Autographed plastic Tigers helmet,
Autographed bat,
Two different placemats,
Seven different magazines/programs with Jon on cover,
Eight different wire services photos,
Five different autographed 8x10 photos,
Two graded cards (not included in other totals),
Endorsed check from MLB Players Association to Jon,
Two RC cans,
Pre-Rolled RC can,
25 different on-card autographs,
1970's fast-food drink lid.
Link to website -
Wantlist - http://www.freewebs.com/spiff45/matlack.htm
Pictures and scans - http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...Jon%20Matlack/

2 comments:

night owl said...

Wow. Congrats! That's cool.

Play at the Plate said...

Congratulations! I hope that's a sign of things to come for the Rangers!