For post #500 I posted a Jon Matlack card. For #1,000 I decided to go with Matlack again. This time he appears as a new Ranger on the cover of the third issue of the 1978 Sports Quarterly. Gotta love the headlines. "The Texas Menace" and "Pittsburgh Rises Again". Guess it's time for a repeat.
Post number one on this blog was a welcome post followed the same day by the Rangers rookies card from the 1972 Topps set. That was in January of 2008. A little over three and a half years later here we are at #1,000. It's been a fun time for the most part, even if there were moments of frustration with the Rangers and a lack of inspiration with the blog. Hope you have gotten a little enjoyment from it as well. A few of the highlights to this point:
- Comments and feedback from those who have taken the time to read the blog.
- Trades with new friends, fellow bloggers, and readers.
- Willie Lozado commenting on the blog and graciously granting me an interview.
- Joe Wardlow's comment on a post.
- Getting a free Strat-O-Matic game and being able to give away free games to readers.
- The stint at the top of Google search results for Texas Rangers Cards.
Congrats on 1,000 posts!
I don't remember that Sports Monthly magazine at all, and that was when I had most of those things memorized and notarized.
Post a Comment