Happy New Year everyone! Hoping that this new year does well by you and that the old one was good to you.
Sometime back a wise soul mentioned that they thought this blog could use contests. Contests with prizes. At the time I had no prizes and so I staged no contests. That has changed and there is now a prize at stake!
To kick off this contest I have chosen John Wetteland's 1998 Sports Illustrated MVP Collection card, number nine in the set. Not only is John holding a prize but the contest involves a collection. Ok, ready to go? Here is the contest.
I have a decent Rangers collection, bigger than some, not so big as others. On occasion I have referred to its size. To win this contest you must guess how many different Rangers cards are in my collection at this time. Just Rangers, not Senators.
1. All guesses must be posted in the comments section, no emails, letters, or singing telegrams allowed.
2. Limit of one guess per person.
3. I will leave this contest open for ten days and will announce either the winner or an extension to the contest on January 11, 2010.
4. Closest guess wins if that guess is within 150 cards of the correct total. Should that not occur I reserve the right to extend the contest and give everyone a second guess.
5. If I can rustle up your email address I will inform you that you have won, if I can't find an addy for you please contact me after I post the winner on the 11th.
Whew! I think that's it for the nasty rules and regulations. On to the prize. I currently have a stash of game used and autographed cards that are set aside as prizes. All of these are baseball cards. None are listed on my trade list. Should you win, I will try to pick a card out that matches your collecting interests. I also reserve the right to increase the prize for an exact match or for any other reason that I can come up with.
So there you have it. Let the guessing begin!