Friday, January 18, 2008

2002 Leaf Game Collection - Rusty Greer



Today's card is a 2002 Leaf Game Collection Rusty Greer game used bat. Sadly the card doesn't scan well due to being so shiny.

Game used and autographed cards were something new when I got back into collecting after a few years off. Still not exactly sure what I think about them. I like the idea and most of the time enjoy getting them. The downside is the loss of something in the hobby though. Can't quite put my finger on it but it's missing. It seems that these cards get more that their fair share of attention. Some folks won't even look at anything that isn't game-used or autographed. Seems that the simple joy of getting a card of your favorite team or players is not as popular as it used to be. Now it's the chase for the memorabilia cards. For the most part I tend to try to avoid this mentality. The reason I like the game used I have is because they are Rangers cards. If they weren't then they would be on the trade block to get Rangers I want for my collection.

No comments: