Thursday, December 17, 2009

Odds and Ends.

Very sorry for missing yesterday's post. The family and I were out of town Monday through yesterday. I had scheduled Monday and Tuesday's posts but thought I would be back in time to post yesterday. That didn't work out so well.

Not much happening with the Rangers in the past few days. Still working on the Mike Lowell trade. Not sure how I am feeling about that one. Mike has a great bat when he is healthy but he has had some injury issues the past few years.

Read an article about Luis Mendoza pitching well in the Mexican leagues this winter. That's good news. I had forgotten about Luis, shown here on card number 147 of the Upper Deck Piece of History set. This is the signed version and is numbered 76/99.

The club had high hopes for Mendoza when they got him from the Red Sox. He has struggled though and is now out of options. He pretty much has to make the club in Spring Training or get through waivers. Hopefully his success down south means that he has gotten his game together. With Cliff Lee moving to Seattle the division just got a lot tougher and the Rangers can use every arm they can get.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

I'm with you there. I was none too happy to hear the M's had picked up Lee. Hopefully the Rangers off-season moves, including new ownership will pay immediate dividends. I haven't forgotten about our possible trade. Trying to find some stuff from your list!