Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rainy day in Chicago.

No baseball last night for Rangers fans. Too much rain in Chicago. Now the team is facing the prospect of a special trip to ChiTown on an off day for one game against the Cubs. Have I mentioned how much I dislike this everyday inter-league play?

Still unpacking and getting my collection organized in its new home. Had a through the mail request come back during the time we were looking for a house. This 1992 Donruss card and two others came back from Dean Palmer on November 6, 2012. I sent the cards to Dean on November 1, 2009. At one time one of the more prolific and speedy signers, Deano seems to have slowed down a bit.

Slowing down. Julio Borbon's trade value seems to have slowed down. The Rangers weren't able to get a solid offer for him so he's on waivers. If he clears it's off to Double A. If not a trade could still be hammered out. Either way Borbon is getting sent somewhere.

Speaking of sending and waivers, I need some help. With the move I have realized I have a serious overload of commons and minor stars from other teams. Such an overload that the group is on waivers. Something inside me rebels at the thought of pitching these cards but it's looking like a possibility. If I could send them to a good home it would be nice. Right now I am low on Royals, A's, and Rangers. I could probably come up with a package for any of the other teams. If you would like some free cards of your favorite team let me know and I'll get them out to you. No trade needed. Please help me out before these cards clear waivers and things get ugly.

1 comment:

Swing And A Pop-up said...

I'll take any Red Sox that you want to send my way. I'll send you an email.