Thursday, May 29, 2014

Odds and ends.

Worked midnights last night and am supposed to go in this afternoon so this post is pre-scheduled since I figured I might not write well in a sleep deprived state.

Got a pretty much random post to go along with today's random Rangers game-used card. Get to see Hank Blalock on card number BF-L of the 2004 Donruss Elite Back to the Future set. The card features a piece of Hank's bat and is numbered 3/200. Somehow I ended up with lots of Hank Blalock game-used and autographed cards but I think this one is among the nicest looking.

As promised a couple of weeks ago, I have updated my links. I checked all the blogs listed and they appear to still be active. I will be keeping my eye on a couple to make sure they aren't slowly fading out but all still seem to be being updated at least occasionally. I also added three links to the set tours list: 1963 Topps, 1969 Topps, and 1970 Topps. I was a little let down that I was unable to add to the team blogs lists. Hopefully you will find the new additions entertaining.

On a final note, Spiff Jr and I are contemplating a trip to Duane's Sportscards in Arlington sometime next week. Due to a schedule change at work I have four days off between June 2nd and June 5th. Got called for jury duty on the 2nd so that's likely out. We haven't decided between the other days though. If anyone would like to try and meet up for a face-to-face trade or just to visit be sure and drop me a note. I know there's at least a couple of other Duane's customers who occasionally read here and I have yet to meet any other collectors since making the move to the area.

No comments: