Saturday, February 2, 2008

1990 ProCards - Tack Wilson

Card of the day is number 1534 in the 1990 ProCards set. For some reason this is actually the only card I have from this team set. I do like the card though, for several different reasons.

First, Tack. What a nickname. Tack's real name is Michael but you don't find that out until you turn the card over. Second reason is the cap. Looks like the ones the Pittsburg Pirates wore in the late 70's and early 80's. Try and find a cap like that now.

By the time Texas signed Tack in 1988 to a minor league contract his major league career was over. OKC was as high as he got for Texas. In 12 major league games with two different teams in 1983 and 1987 Tack got six at bats and hit a combined .333. In his five position games his fielding percentage was 1.000. Kind of wonder why he never got a second look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great name. I don't miss those hats though.

Unknown said...

wow. Tack wilson is one of my coaches on my summer team. He never told us of those godly hats though

Spiff said...

Matthew - Thanks for the reply. Hope that your team and Tack are doing well. Would it be possible for you to email me as I have a question to ask you. Thanks.