Thursday, January 1, 2009

Catching up...

Well, I made it back all in one piece from visiting family this past week. I trust that everyone enjoyed the holidays and is having a great start to the new year. As always, I have to catch up on things after getting back from a trip.

First off is this 2008 Topps Trading Card History #TCH71 of Michael Young. I received this card on December 24th from Matt over at Heartbreaking Cards. Matt and I had agreed to a trade earlier in the month and in exchange for some 2004 Bowman Heritage cards he needed, I got this card and 15 others. The assortment was great and it looks like I will be filling holes in my collection with most of them.

Looks like the Giants nailed down Randy Johnson. I had doubted that the Rangers had much of a chance but it was nice to do a little daydreaming. It does make sense though, that an aging N.L. pitcher would want to avoid the A.L. if possible.

Big news that Steve Buechele is back! Texas hired him as their single A manager. It is great to see "Boo" back in the game and I wish him all the best. Still think he had about the softest hands ever.

Ivan Rodriguez still hasn't signed with anyone. Not sure that anyone is even talking to him. What are his chances of finding a home? Will he be able to or is this the end of the trail?

No comments: