Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a surprise!

Had a very good mail day today. When I checked the mail this morning there were two boxes waiting for me. The first was a trade from The Bench that I had been expecting. It was, as usual, a nice box. The second box blew me away though.

First some background. I have several blogs that I watch with the idea of possibly adding them to my links list. One such blog is Padrographs. It is a neat blog dedicated to San Diego Padres autographs. Fun read. Well, I was reading away a couple of days ago and noticed a post talking about mailing out packages. To my surprise my name was on the list of mailed out boxes. A little strange considering that I had never even communicated with Rod, the writer of the blog. I posted a quick reply of pre-arrival thanks and made a mental note to look for Padres stuff to send in return.

Today the box came in and I can safely say that I will most likely be unable to return the favor. In addition to this 1992 Studio Rafael Palmeiro which completed my team set from that year; the box contained several other awesome treasures. A certified Rangers auto I didn't have, quite a few base cards I needed, a Stadium Club Nolan Ryan medallion, commemorative Ryan tickets, and an odd-ball Kevin Brown I had no idea existed. Needless to say, I am overwhelmed at Rod's generosity. If you get a chance, check out his excellent blog. Thanks again Rod, I'll make a feeble attempt to repay you at some point.

No comments: