Thursday, October 9, 2008

Success!

Got two cards in the mail today from Danny Patterson. One was this 1998 Pinnacle #120. I had sent the cards to him at his home in Arizona and he signed and returned both.

To say that I am happy to get them back signed is probably an understatement. I have been trying to get back into requesting autos through the mail and just recently decided to try retired players at home. So far this has been my only success with a retired player. That and four return to sender envelopes are all I have to show for my efforts at retired players' autographs. Hopefully that will change and I will have a few more to show in the next few months.

As a PS, sorry about the lack of posts the past two days. I came down with a cold just in time for house-guests to arrive. That pretty effectively precluded posting. Both the guests and the cold are now gone and I see no reason not to get back to daily posts once again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out Sports Collectors for TTM stuff? The free tracking is great (gives percentages and everything), and if you sign up for the premium membership ($15 or so a year), you get access to a bunch of tested addresses and the history with them. I use it all the time for my hockey TTM.

Anonymous said...

Danny has a great looking autograph. It would be nice if more players displayed this kind of penmanship and creativity.

Spiff said...

Thanks for the comments. I have never looked at Sports Collectors but may have to give it a gander. I did think that Danny did a great job with the signature. Readable and enjoyable.

Wax Heaven said...

Very nice sig and love the Pinnacle card!